Belhaven High Scholars is a Western Civilization humanities curriculum developed by Belhaven University and offered exclusively by TPS. This classical program provides a seamless integration of western history, literature, composition (writing), and art appreciation — a two-year “Great Books” curriculum which provides a total of 6 high school credits and 24 college credits. It emphasizes discussion and dialogue over memorization of information, and the efficient integration of content allows for a lower workload than if similar courses were taken individually. Each year is taught in four live classes per week. The program does not require any prior classical humanities background and is taught at an academic level that welcomes students who are ready for TPS English 4/5 but who prefer an integrated classical approach to humanities.
Some benefits of High Scholars:
- Integrated History + Literature + Composition.
- Full scope ancient to contemporary.
- Content integration allows for lower workload.
- 24 college credits transcripted as 6 distinct college courses over two years.
- Includes AP Art History.
- All teachers are masters level or higher in their area of design and instruction.
About TPS (at-tps.org)
- On-line classes since 1997
- Grades 4 to 12
- Complete curriculum or à la carte
- Live interactive classes
- Top scholarship + biblical worldview
- Timely effective teacher feedback
- AP® courses with top scores
- College dual credit courses
- Dual credit classical program
- Accredited HS transcript option
- NCAA approved